Naval Photographic Center film #11624. National Archives description: "1) GV PAN Various Japanese civilian prisoners adjacent to Japanese buildings at Okinawa.
2) MStoCU Japanese civilians, women and children, pass camera.
3) CUtoMS Small boys roll hoops.
4) CU "Military Government Post" sign on corner of Japanese bldg.
5) GV General activity of Japanese civilians as they move about carrying personal gear on poles, etc.
6) MS Working party of Japanese civilians clear rubble.
7) MS Japanese in open-wall house under medical care.8) CU Very old lady is helped from back of truck.
9) GV Japanese civilians with their personal gear gathered in collection area. GOOD to FAIR
INDEX NO. 11645 PROD. USS ESSEX (CV-9) DATE: 4/6/45 FOOTAGE: 69"
1) AV Tracer strafe Japanese plane in flight (UX).
2) AV Tracer strafe Japanese plane; it explodes and burns (SV). GGOOD INDEX NO.11614 PROD: USS WEST VIRGINIA DATE: 4/26/45 FOOTAGE: 54"BOMBARDMENT OF IE SHIMA
1) LS Bombardment of IE Shima, smoke columns rise (SV).
2) LS Planes dive and bomb mountain on IE S.GOOD
TD2C ATTEMPTS TO LAND INDEX NO. 11619 PROD: UTILITY SQUADRON *7 DATE: 4/27/45 FOOTAGE: 100"
1) MS Target drone TD2C lands, hook on and crashes.
2) MS PAN Take off of JMI and JRB aircraft (SV).
3) MS PAN TD2C makes several attempts to land.GOOD
JAPANESE CIVILIANS ON OKINAWA INDEX NO. 11627 PROD: USN (COMPHIBPAC) DATE 4/27/45 FOOTAGE: 67"
1) GV Okinawa beachhead taken from LCVP on way to beach, troops in LCVP, fg.
2) MS PAN Japanese buildings on Okinawa.
3) HStoCU Three goats.
4) HA PAN Thatched buildings of native village.
5) MS Small Japanese child poses for camera.
6) HStoMS Various views of family group sitting in open walled buildings.
7) GV PAN Wrecked Japanese planes on airfield, F6F"s parked in bg.QUALITY: GOOD"
National Archives Identifier: 79092
listed as " Japanese Civilians On Okinawa Index No 11624 Prod - USN CINCPAC Date - 4/26/45 Footage - 152 Feet"
As always, any error or typo is mine and if you enjoy my uploads or if you intend to make $ or otherwise profit from these files, please consider making a donation to a veteran's charity of your choice and/or Archive.org itself. Thanks. :)